Monday, May 28, 2007

Japanese Classic Cartoon(1933)

Here is a nice piece of inspiration to kick this week off. I am no expert at Japanese animation but I liked the Fleischer likeness of this cartoon. I also really like the inventiveness of the scenes ala Felix the Cat kind of stuff. I don't have any info about the film as I just happened upon it on Youtube. But, here is a 4 set dvd collection of old classic Japanese cartoons put out by Digital Meme to fill this largely missed historical void! Oh and I would like to highlight Anipages for the source I use to fill in this gelatinous void of mine about the Japanese scene.



1 comment:

Evan said...

hey -

i like the blog you have running on blogspot, its a nice collection of
work. would you be willing to take a look at an animation i finished
recently? i spent almost two years working on it and am now finally
starting to promote it. its hit a few festivals so far, but im looking
to promote it online as well.

you can check it out at http://www.sycamoreeve.com

if you like what you see then you can imbed the youtube version located here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZcUSs6eak

thanks for your time!
evan