Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dupuy and Berberian in Toronto

If I can get up to Toronto this weekend this is where I will be...International Festival of Authors! This year has the French duo of Dupuy and Berberian in attendance who will be interviewed by our national comix treasure, SETH! Monday marked my first week of real life as I am indefinately laid off from my factory job. So, it is very apropos that I am reading Dupuy and Berberian's graphic novel, Get a Life. This book is an excellent primer into the indelible world of Monsieur Jean and the slice of life rumination of his 'big picture'. Which could easily be anyone's 'big picture', if you happen to live in Paris, have a publisher and kids n' stuff. C'est la Vie. Anyway, here is a bio on both of them--Philip Dupuy and Charles Berberian. Also, a truncated interview from the Comics Journal, ici. And finally, hoozah for Drawn and Quarterly for publishing these collaberators of almost 20 years to only just now land on our backwater shores. Santé.

No comments: