Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kat Fight

You know the saying: if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all! Well, needless to say, as I am licking my wounds, you can chase yer tail to Caspar Konefal's Katfight!! I saw this last year at the Ottawa Animation Festival and thought it was a nice change up to the 'Sheridan style' of animation. This may be because Sheridan changed to a degree program a couple of years ago and have been in the painful process of chasing the string back to stability. It looks like they are going in the right direction when you look at Caspar's or Trevor Jimenez's work. Katfight is a send up of Eastern European animation as filtered through Western eyes: heavy on style with no political or social commentary. Just pure absurd FUN is what it is about!

1 comment:

Jack Ruttan said...

Looks like some sketch books I've seen come to life. More colour would have made the characters read better, but of course I'm watching this on a crappy little window in a sunny room on my laptop.