Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Aron Gauder's EGILL

Here is a great find of Erik Novak and Aron Gauder's forthcoming film, EGILL! It is the based on the life of the 10th c. poet from Iceland. You can read the synopsis of the film and view some initial animation tests on the site. Aaron's previous feature film is Nyocker (The District) and was the winner of many festival awards last year including the two biggies, Annecy and Ottawa. I know alot of people voiced their disdain for this movie when I was at the OIAF last year but I rather liked the stylized graffiti-esque animation of this gypsy punk story. My Hungarian heritage definately makes me partisan to it though. It is nice to see Hungarian animation continue around a new generation of animators in a young free market economy.
(via the site formidable, Fous D'Anime!)

No comments: