Wednesday, November 22, 2006

BAM B.A.F. POW!!!

Well, the proverbial dust has settled on the annual animation cage match that is the Bradford Animation Festival. And the winners are...staring straight into the camera is Beryl speaking for Joanna Quinn, "Hic!", she exclaimed, "Take that Eisenshhlein!". Joanna's Dreams and Desires-Family Ties, won the Grand Prix prize. The tag team dynamo of Shrigley and Shepherd also rained down their fists of furry surreal bits as Who I am and What I want won the 'Special' Jury prize and Run Wrake's Rabbit is still spitting out gold nuggets to take the Best Professional Film.
We have let these short films parade around this rabbit ring, so I want to spotlight the other winners seperately in the coming days. But, be sure to go to the festival website to check out the full list of winners. Congrats to all the animators that showed at this year's festival as there were so many great films to see and I am glad I wasn't the one to have had to pick the winners out of that crowd. Also, a big thumbs up to the festival programmers and organizers for putting on what reports to be a sold out gladitorial arena. I'll start saving my pennies now so I can afford to go to B.A.F. '07.

2 comments:

Jeroen said...

Hi, Do you happen to know a website, where I can watch Joanna Quin's new film?

jeff hasulo said...

Alas, no. Like I said in my original post on Joanna, is that she does not have any films up on the internet. Well, not that I have seen anyway but that isn't saying much. I have been fortunate enough to see them on the big screen. It will definately be on some compilation dvd, some time in the near future. Shout out to Tandem films. Great studio!

cheers,
j.